- 3 cups fresh butter beans
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (cut from 3 large ears)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cook butter beans in boiling salted water to cover 12 minutes or until tender; drain.
Sauté corn in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Whisk together lemon juice, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 2 1/2 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl. Stir in corn and butter beans.
Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 3 days.
Adapted from Succotash Salad, Southern Living, June 2007