Chicken with White Beans & Tomatoes
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano, plus leaves for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 3 lbs. total) or boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1.5 lbs.)
Heat oven to 425° F.
In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, toss the beans and tomatoes with the thyme and oregano sprigs, garlic, red pepper, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. For even richer flavor, add 1⁄2 cup dry white wine to the bean and tomato mixture before cooking.
Pat the chicken dry and place on top of the bean mixture, skin-side up. Brush with the remaining tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
Roast until the chicken is cooked through (35 to 45 mins. for bone-in and 25-30 mins. for boneless). Sprinkle with the oregano leaves. Serve with rustic bread to soak up the sauce.
Spoon into a shallow dish over a bed of fresh spinach to round out your meal.
Slightly modified from “chicken with white beans and tomatoes”, REAL SIMPLE, JANUARY 2011.