Roasted Red Tomato Bruschetta
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large plum tomatoes
- 12 slices from Baguette cut diagonally
- Alouette Garlic & Herb cheese spread
- microgreens and baby arugula
Preheat oven to 425°. For the marinade, combine the first five ingredients in a large bowl. Quarter the tomatoes lengthwise, add to the bowl, cover with marinade and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes.
Remove tomatoes from marinade (reserve marinade) and spread out on a lined baking sheet (to ease clean-up). Roast for 36 minutes just until the tomato skins begin to blister. Remove from oven. While cooling, brush baguette slices with marinade and place on another baking sheet. Toast for 10 minutes in same oven. When finished, allow to cool.
Once cooled, spread with Alouette and top with two roasted tomatoes and microgreens if available.
Makes 12 appetizer servings.
Adapted from Bon Appetit.